Despite the fact that residents of Russia spend most of their time in warm coats and thoughts about the sea, there are times when 35-degree heat comes even into the harsh reality of Russia. We usually call those periods “summer”.
Sometimes, surviving the Russian summer is as difficult as to live to it in extreme conditions of severe frosts. But, as Russian women say getting into daughter’s jeans, nothing is impossible.
- It is urgent that you remain calm. It is also imperative to have an established anti-heat plan so everyone remains safe.
- First of all, try to find ice cream kiosk. Most likely, it does not work, but its shade can be a cool refuge from the midday sun.
- Such traditional Russian things as “веер”, a small “вентилятор для лица”, and a folded “газета” can help you to stay cool. Yes, I understand, there are a lot of unknown words for you. I myself have only recently learnt the translation of those words (“traditional”, “stay”, “folded”).
- Try to get as close as possible to the fountain. Most likely, there is no water in it, but since it’s the most typical date place, there are a lot of those whose girlfriends did not show up to the “date near the fountain.” So, they will treat you to ice cream.
- It is also advisable to find the nearest store with the sign “refreshing drinks”. The lack of fridge in it will freeze your enthusiasm very quickly, but a “friendly” seller will tell you how to get to an active fountain with life-giving moisture.
- Find some trees and hide in their shade. But don’t stray far into the forest. Legends say that bears are particularly angry in the heat.
- Since hot air rises, bend down. Just squat. If you’re lucky, people around will consider this as the signs of a heat stroke and offer you a glass of cold water. That’s exactly what you wanted.
- Buy a water pistol for your child, then from time to time take the toy away with the words “mommy needs it more” and sprinkle the water on your face. If it doesn’t work, go back to that store with the toy. If you handle the magic weapon correctly, probably you will found out that the fridge was in the store, after all.
- If you are indoors, open all windows and doors in the house and promote air circulation. Maybe it won’t keep your home cool, but the thieves who entered your home, while you were asleep, and stole all your savings, will help you distract from summer’s heat. Thanks god they didn’t take a fan.
- Computers and home appliances generate extra heat. Just be happy you live in Russia and don’t have so many of those things (Nuclear reactor does not count).
- Finally, remember to avoid alcoholic beverages. They act as diuretics and promote dehydration. This rule doesn’t apply to vodka, of course. Because the words “diuretics” and “dehydration” don’t have any bearing meaning after its application.