Success in blogging will need you to master some important skills…
- The ability to plant the thought, that blogging is one of the most revolutionary inventions of mankind, in the minds of your relatives. This will help you to convince your mother/wife/husband, when a dilemma is whether to do the dishes or to write a post, that the latter is far more important for the future of your family.
- In the Time Management seminar, you were asked to make a list of your biggest time eaters. It turned out that blogging scored 5 more hours than sleep and time spent for time management seminars. Therefore, the second skill you should develop is the ability to plant the thought that blogging is one of the most revolutionary inventions of mankind in your own head.
- The next skill that will help you succeed with blogging is to be responsive to other bloggers’ posts. There is no need to explain this point, and I just wanted to strike out something.
- Blogging is an intellectual sport, so it might seem that lightning quick reflexes don’t play a great role here. But not everything is so simple. The ability to turn off your WordPress tab a split second before your boss suddenly came up to your desk is equal in importance to such skills as opening a bottle of wine without a corkscrew and your house door without a key (or not yours, for somebody).
- We all know that oxygen supports combustion as well as updating your blog regularly supports your Stats. To keep the stats at a high level is as useful as the skill to raise one eyebrow during the dispute when there are no more arguments left. Because it changes nothing, but you definitely feel your superiority.
- Talking of eyebrows. It’s a great skill and it needs to be mastered. The first time you won’t get your desired results – you will raise both of your eyebrows, but don’t lose heart! Raising both eyebrows can be useful if you didn’t manage to turn off your WordPress tab before your boss came in.
- You should create a habit to write down a new post idea before it will disappear in the secret nooks of your brain for good. Newbies often put aside an idea for later. Then they notice that “later” never comes because post ideas are like red-carpet dresses – never the same twice. That goes for comments too, so please write down your enthusiastic comment which came to your mind after reading #5 (if it didn’t come, please reread #3).
- Awards. When you are being nominated for the next award, don’t think that what happens in WordPress stays in WordPress. Virtual achievements should have a positive impact on your real life too. Just imagine, at the end of the meal, you want to pay the bill and leave, and a waiter left you waiting for him a very long time. A wave of anger is rising from the depths of your kind soul and you are already imagining what you will tell him (“How dare you keep me waiting so long? Do you know who I am? I’m a nominee for The Liebster Award!”) Just smile instead and leave a generous tip. Virtual nomination is a definite success, and successful people leave a generous tip.
- A skill to read other bloggers’ posts to the end. Now you see that if you hadn’t read this post till the end, you wouldn’t have learned this precious skill.
That’s all. Yes, you are right, in the headline I promised to write 10 skills. But I can’t come up with the last one. I would like you to share your blogging experiences and suggest some additional skills that one should acquire and practice.
P.S. That’s not my stats in the picture. I wouldn’t let any guy walk on my stats.