I often think of one word that has some supernatural power over me. This word is Beauty. When I see a beautiful thing, or a person, or an animal, my heart starts beating faster and louder. And it doesn’t depend on me at all. I just can’t take my eyes off that thing.
It seems if I were ideally beautiful, I would put a chair in front of a mirror, and nobody and nothing in the world would distract me from looking in the mirror all day long. Thank God I’m not extremely beautiful and I can live normally like any other human being.
Since I could remember myself I’ve always wanted to devote my life to something that connects with Beauty. Be it fashion, art, drawing, or design… When I spend my time doing something like that I don’t notice the time at all. There is no time, no problems, no worries, even no blogs, just the Beauty itself.
I feel it keenly. I feel colors, lines, shapes, shades, balance. And if I see something distorted, disproportional, or disharmonious, I virtually feel physical discomfort and even pain. If I were a citizen of an ancient town, the best way to kill me would be to show me ugly pictures or ask someone to sing a song not in tune for about 10 minutes. Yes, when it comes to music, I have the same diagnosis.
There were a couple of examples in my life, when I heard a person wasn’t singing in tune, I immediately blushed as a beetroot. And if in this very moment I had had the opportunity to look in the mirror, I would have blushed even more at the sight of red version of me (not a proper colour for my skin tone). Argh, it’s a vicious circle.
Needless to say, how hard it for me to stay calm and neutral if I see a woman (at public transport or in the street) wearing something that doesn’t suit her at all or its colors don’t match. I can think about nothing but HOW. How could she leave her house looking like this?
So, it’s not so easy to live with that worship_beauty_diagnosis.
# of words 365
Thank you Daniel (Hyperion Sturm) for this wonderful writing challenge! It was a great pleasure for me to write with such a fascinating title and to realize I can write in English straight away within a certain time limit.
My topic was, What takes your breath away and makes your heart sing?
The rules for the challenge:
– Open a blank Document. Set a stop watch or your mobile phone timer to 5 or 10 minutes, whichever challenge you prefer.
– Your topic is at the foot of this post BUT DO NOT SCROLL DOWN TO SEE IT UNTIL YOU ARE READY WITH YOUR TIMER!!! Once you start writing do not stop until the alarm sounds!
– Do not cheat by going back and correcting spelling and grammar using spell check (it is only meant for you to reflect on your own control of sensible thought flow and for you to reflect on your ability to write with correct spelling and grammar.)
– You may or may not pay attention to punctuation or capitals.
– At the end of your post write down “# of words ____” to give an idea of how much you can write within the time frame.
– Do not forget to copy paste the entire passage on your blog post with a new topic for your nominees and copy paste these rules with your nomination (at least five (5) bloggers).
I nominate all who have managed to read my messy confession till the end. If you accept this challenge, you’ll see how many interesting thoughts can come in your mind.
What is the main trait that makes us human?