According to a recent study, there are some common strategies that can be used if you don’t want to wait too long for an email reply.
In the study, 16 billion emails from more than 2 million Yahoo Mail users were studied in order to find some typical response patterns.
And here’re the results:
- The most common reply length is five words
- More than 90 percent of replies are sent within a day
- Replies are shorter later in the day and on weekends
- The younger the receiver, the faster and shorter their replies
- Men send faster and shorter replies than women do
- Users respond faster to emails received during weekdays and working hours
- Emails with attachments took twice as long to get a reply as those without
So, if you want to get a reply and, more importantly, a faster one, try to meet the following requirements.
Make sure your email is sent in the first half of the day during weekdays, it doesn’t contain any attachments, and your receiver is a young man. The ideal situation will be if the Moon is in the fifth house and Mercury is not in retrograde. Of course, it’s preferable but not essential.